If you live in the following markets, your local Walmart stores are part of a beta test of a new program call savings catcher. Just enter a code from your receipt on savingscatcher.walmart.com, and the site will automatically find your receipt, scan advertised offers from local stores and credit you the difference.
- Atlanta, GA
- Charlotte, NC
- Huntsville, AL
- Lexington, KY
- Minneapolis, MN
- San Diego, CA.
There is no minimum purchase requirement. Just enter the TC Number on your receipt to get started.
The site is available as a native mobile site, (will work on your mobile without downloading an app). Just visit www.walmart.com/savingscatcher on your smartphone or tablet to access Savings Catcher.
Savings Catcher compares eligible items on your receipt to items found in the print and digital weekly ads of top retailers in your area. The ads need to be valid at the time you made your Walmart purchase and the advertisement needs to include a specific price.
You have the option to accumulate your Savings Catcher Credits and build your balance or transfer it onto a Walmart Rewards eGift Card at any time. If you haven’t redeemed your Savings Catcher Credits at the end of the calendar year, Walmart will automatically transfer it onto a Walmart Rewards eGift Card., so just enter your TC code, and that's it. If you forget to redeem it, you will not loose any accumulated credits.
If you use a coupon, Savings Catcher will compare the original Walmart price of the item, before the coupon was applied, to other stores’ advertised prices for the same item. For example: You bought cookies at Walmart. The shelf price was $3 and you used a coupon for $0.25, so you paid $2.75. If Savings Catcher finds that a competitor advertised those same cookies for $2, Savings Catcher will still credit you $1, even though you paid only $2.75 at Walmart. So savings could really add up.
Walmart will compare advertised prices from the top retailers in specific geographic areas. The area is determined by a third-party based on a number of factors, including the number of stores and number of people nearby.
Competitive retailers for your area currently include:
- Atlanta, GA– Aldi, Food Depot, CVS, Food Lion, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Ingles, Kroger, Publix, Rite-Aid, Kmart, Target, Walgreens, IGA, Wayfield Foods and Piggly Wiggly.
- Charlotte, NC– Aldi, Bi-Lo, CVS, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Ingles, Kmart, Lowes (Food), Target, Rite-Aid, Publix and Walgreens.
- Dallas, TX– Albertsons, Aldi, Brookshires, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, HEB, Kroger, Target and Tom Thumb.
- Huntsville, AL Market– Aldi, CVS, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Save-A-Lot, Foodland, Kroger, Piggly Wiggly, Publix, Rite Aid, Target, Walgreens.
- Lexington, KY– Aldi, CVS, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Save-A-Lot, Kroger, Meijer, Rite Aid, Target and Walgreens.
- Minneapolis, MN– Aldi, Cub Foods, CVS, Family Dollar, Hy Vee, IGA, Rainbow Foods, Shopko, Target and Walgreens.
- San Diego– Albertsons, CVS, Dollar Tree, Ralph’s, Rite Aid, Vons, Smart & Final, Target, Fresh & Easy, Walgreens, Stater Bros and Save-A-Lot.